Conventional producers are slashing costs and once again reinvesting in new projects.
After ensnaring Sri Lanka in a debt trap, China is poised to profit by acquiring a strategic port on the Indian Ocean.
It is hard to imagine any other NATO member hosting ships from a navy that is busily building islands in South China sea—not to mention carrying out live-fire drills in the Mediterranean.
It’s not their stated purpose with their latest call to heed production cuts, but it’s what will happen in this new oil reality.
The latest Economist/YouGov poll contains grim news about the health of American democracy.
- EIA Says US Will Set Oil Record Next Year
- Simmering Illiberalism in the GOP
- Trump Delivers in Rust Belt
- Saudi Arabia and Russia Conspire to Make America Rich
- The Eight Great Powers of 2017
- All The Dots, Connected
- The Tibetan Roots of the China-India Border Dispute
- A Fair-Weather Fleet Visits Turkey
- UK to Challenge China in the South China Sea