As Donald Trump takes the oath, an essay on the historical forces that have shaped this moment by Walter Russell Mead.
If the term “intellectual” only encompasses thinkers on the Left, then it is only natural that right-wing populists would turn it into a slur.
Many of Myanmar’s long-suffering Rohingyas are now turning to internationally funded Islamist insurgents to resist the government.
Texas’s Permian Basin has been called “the crown jewel of the world’s oil and gas industry.”
Why China just canceled more than 100 planned coal plants:
Standing beside Putin in Moscow, Moldova’s newly elected president rebuked the EU and gave fresh proof of his intention to pivot toward Russia.
Our own Josef Joffe takes stock of the President-elect’s recent interviews and the likely implications of Trumpist policy on Europe and the world.
How the Trump administration could shake up the campus sex wars.
- Truth in the Age of Trump
- The Curious World of Donald Trump’s Private Russian Connections
- The Winners of 2016
- Geology Helps Shale Boom Anew in Texas Basin
- Donald Trump's New World Order
- Racist Russians Insult Obama Hoping for Trump's Approval
- Who Gets To Be an Intellectual?
- Beijing Nixes a Bevy of New Coal Plants
- Josef Joffe on Trump's Foreign Policy