mead cohen berger shevtsova garfinkle michta grygiel blankenhorn
Tate Watkins
Rebuilding Haiti

“The glass is 10 percent full,” says Nigel Fisher, the U.N.’s humanitarian coordinator for reconstruction efforts in Haiti. “It’s now time to tackle the remaining 90 percent.” Yet more than two years after the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, and after billions of recovery dollars pledged by the United Nations, foreign governments, and private aid […]

Via Meadia Icon
Recent Via Meadia
Walter Russell Mead & Staff
brave new world

We need to carefully think through a lot of our assumptions about gender roles, and build kinds of educational and social systems to help our boys succeed.

Theft in Broad Daylight

This is not your everyday bank failure in Russia.

Asia's Game of Thrones

As he heads to Japan, Duterte is once again denouncing U.S. military involvement in the Pacific. Can Tokyo push back?

The Cracks Start to Widen

Again, the question supporters of the law will have to answer centers on sustainability: is the health system that Obamacare establishes something that can really last?

Crude Economics

That OPEC production cut is going to have to fall on the Saudis’ shoulders—if it’s to happen at all.

Egypt in Turmoil

The West is ignoring an ongoing crisis in Egypt, as painful austerity measures stoke outrage against the Sisi government.

© The American Interest LLC 2005-2016 About Us Masthead Submissions Advertise Customer Service